Sunday, February 10, 2013

Make A Difference

Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me." James 2:14 (KJV) Says, "What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?" In Luke 15:7 (KJV) Jesus says, "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."

The above scripture taken from Philippians assures us that with God working through us and with us we can do anything within His will. There are many instances in the Bible where God has used people that are not physically capable of accomplishing all they accomplished on their own. This proves to witnesses that God deserves all the credit for the feat being accomplished, and that  it was Him working through that person which resulted in their accomplishment. For instance, David slaying Goliath, and Moses leading the people out of Egypt, just to name a couple. With God's approval, and Him on our side we can all make a difference doing work for His kingdom.

In the above scripture taken from the book of James, we are informed by James that post conversion work for the Lord is very important. Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior we should have the desire in our hearts to do work for His kingdom. We are not all able to do the same work, but we can all do work that makes a difference. We can do volunteer work for charity, the elderly, or the sick, we can witness to others, we can help a neighbor with a chore, we can teach Sunday School, or work in the nursery. If you're home bound, or without transportation, you can write a blog, you can phone the sick, phone family members, or friends to encourage them, you can tweet your blog, or tweet scripture. There are many ways in which you can do work for the Lord, and there are far too many to list here. My point is we can all make a difference.

I know I can do nothing without God, and I desire in my heart to do work that pleases him. I pray to Him about my blog asking Him to place on my heart any message He desires for me to deliver. Let me warn you in advance that there are going to be people who attempt to discourage you from whatever work you set out to do for the Lord. They may attempt to belittle it as though it's not enough or that it's insignificant especially compared to what they are doing, but do not listen to them. Doing work for the Lord is NOT a competition. Any discouragement thrown your way is Satan attempting to throw a cease work order on you; so disregard it, and keep working.

If the work you do leads one individual to the Lord, and they ask God into their heart the above scripture from Luke tells us that it causes joy in heaven.  Friends, my prayer for you today is that you remain strong in  your work for the Lord, that you don't allow yourself to be discouraged by others, and that you remember all work for the Lord is significant and can make a difference. 

If you have a prayer request and would like me to pray for you, send a message and I will be more than happy to do so. May God bless you.





No comments:

Post a Comment