Wednesday, October 29, 2014

When You Feel Broken

Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV) Says, "And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Says, "Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

The above verses of scripture make it clear that God created each and everyone of us, and that he created us in his own image. They also make it clear that before we were formed God knew the plans he had for our lives. In short, God is our divine creator, and as such he knows everything about us.

In my younger days I had my share of vehicle trouble, and I remember on one occasion my car was running really rough and it shut off every time I stopped at a stop sign or red light. I attempted to take the inexpensive way out, and began asking various individuals what they thought might be causing these issues. I purchased several parts beginning with the least expensive first and working my way up in cost all in an attempt to fix the problem myself, and save money. None of the parts I purchased solved my problem. After spending about two weeks of my time, and a ridiculous amount of money, I opted to take the car to the dealer to have it repaired. They repaired my car within a couple of hours, and the money I spent was well worth it.

My point in the above example is that I spent time and money in an attempt to repair my car before coming to my senses, and taking it to the people who actually designed and created it. It stands to reason that the company who created, designed, and built my car would know exactly how to repair it.

Like my car there are times in each of our lives, when we feel broken. We may be suffering from an illness or be in pain over the loss of a loved one. We may be experiencing feelings of rejection, or struggling with financial issues. We may have had a spouse walk out on us, or had a boyfriend or girlfriend abandon us. We may be having difficulty finding employment, or having issues with a family member. We all face trials in our lives that can and often do leave us feeling broken.

When we find ourselves in these type situations most of us do exactly what I did, when I was facing car trouble. We immediately begin trying to figure our what we can do to solve our problem. We talk to other people asking for advice, we pace, we worry, we lose sleep, and we do all we know how to do in an attempt to resolve the problem on our own. It is usually when all efforts have been exhausted that people cry out to God for help.

What a mistake we make, when we cry out to God as a last ditch effort. Just as the car dealership was equipped to repair my car because they created and designed it, God created and designed us and he is more than capable of solving any problem we have. When we are facing issues in life we should never put off calling on God for help until the last minute proclaiming that we are going to pray about it because we don't know what else to do. We should go to God first taking our problems to him in prayer knowing that as our creator and designer he is expert in repairing us when we feel broken. He is all-powerful, all-knowing, and sovereign over all there is.

The next time you are facing something in your life that leaves you feeling broken, I urge you to take it to God in prayer. Put you faith and trust in him knowing he can comfort, strengthen, and help you with whatever it is you're going through. I encourage you to cast your cares on God, and wait patiently for him to repair your broken spirit. I urge you to remember that he knows what's best for you, and that his timing is perfect. The next time you're feeling broken, I encourage you to seek repair from the expert, Almighty God.

If you have a prayer request and would like me to pray for you, leave me a message and I will be more than happy to do so. May God bless you.




















No comments:

Post a Comment