Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jesus: The Son of God

John 8:14 (KJV) Says, "Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. John 5:33 (KJV) Says, "Ye sent John, and he bare witness unto the truth." John 5:36-37(KJV) Says, But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. And the Father Himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape." John 5:39 (KJV) Says, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John 5:46 (KJV) Says, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me."

In the above passages of scripture Jesus tells us of six witnesses to his person already evident in John. The first is Jesus himself, the second witness was John the Baptist, the third his works and his miracles, the fourth the Father, the fifth the scriptures, and the sixth Moses who wrote of him.

Jesus is witness to Himself throughout the book of John. He makes statements affirming who He is. He says "I am" many times. For instance, He says "I am the Messiah," "I am the Bread of Life," "I am the Light of the World," "I am the Good Shepherd," "I am the Resurrection and the Life," and "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

The second witness Jesus gives us is John the Baptist, who we are told in scripture was sent from God. John went around evangelizing, and bearing witness of Jesus so all men might believe. The third witness Jesus speaks of are all the miracles He performed, and His good works. Jesus performed several good works and  miracles which were witnessed by multitudes, and a great number of these are recorded in scripture. The miracles and works recorded could only be accomplished by the divine power of Almighty God.

The fourth witness that Jesus speaks of is God, the Father. God makes it known that Jesus is His Son, and even speaks out in Matthew 3:17 (KJV) saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased," after Jesus is lifted up out of the water by John, when He was baptized. This is just one example of God identifying Jesus as his Son. The fifth witness Jesus points to is the scripture, which is God breathed. There are several prophesies in the Bible that have already come to pass, and there are several eyewitnesses to the events recorded in the Bible as well. The final witness Jesus lists among the six in the above passages, is Moses, who spoke with God directly on more than one occasion. Moses met with God on Mount Sinai where he received the ten commandments, not once but twice.

Now Jesus listed the above six witnesses, but there were many more. There were the multitudes He taught, and walked among. There were those who He taught among in the temple, those whose houses He visited, those He healed, the disciples, those who witnessed His crucifixion, those who witnessed His resurrection, and those who saw Him after he had risen. My point is there were multitudes who witnessed that Jesus was in fact, the Son of God.

In the days that Jesus walked the earth there were many people spreading the good news of Him, and His teachings. We read of some who learned of Him or were healed by Him, and immediately afterwards the Bible says they "ran" to tell others about Him, and all He had done for them. Having documentation of such a multitude of  witnesses, and having the Word of God before us, which holds proven truths and covers any topic you can imagine all within one book, should be enough to warrant non-believers to at least consider that Almighty God does in fact exist. It should also be enough to prompt considering that He is the divine power responsible for the creation of all. If you are one who struggles to believe, then you should also consider that nothing physical can explain its own existence no matter how far back you trace it, because eventually you will go back so far you have nothing, and something cannot be created from nothing without the divine power of Almighty God.

If you are one who doesn't believe in God, or you are on the fence as to whether you believe or not, I encourage you to consider all these things. Consider the fact that the Bible is full of history, and that history documented in textbooks is believed  without question or hesitation. If individuals can so readily accept and believe everything the pages of the textbooks in this world hold, then why hesitate to accept and believe the most powerful book that has ever existed? To deny Jesus exists is to believe that millions of eyewitnesses got it wrong, and even worse, it is to risk forfeiting God's precious gift of salvation and the opportunity to spend eternal life with him and your loved ones who have gone on before you. I encourage you to consider all these truths, and to choose to spend eternal life with God in heaven, in lieu of spending it with Satan himself in the pits of hell. Those are our options according to God's word, and he wants nothing more than for us, his children, to choose eternal life with him. There is far too much evidence that God exists, and far too great a price to pay for anyone to die without coming to know Him. Where you will spend eternal life is a very serious matter, so I encourage you not to procrastinate when making that choice. Remember, we are not promised tomorrow.


If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you would like to do so, simply go to God in prayer, ask him to forgive you of all your sins, tell him you believe that Jesus was born, that he died on the cross for your sins, and that he rose again. Ask Him to come into your heart, and be your Lord and Savior. Please don't wait for a better place or a better time to accept Christ, there is no better place or time than right now, right where you are. If you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will discover it to be the greatest decision you have ever made, and you will find a divine peace, joy, and contentment like you've never before known.

If you have a prayer request and would like me to pray for you, leave me a message and I will be more than happy to do so. May God bless you.














No comments:

Post a Comment