Sunday, July 14, 2013

Unworthy

Jeremiah 1:6-8 (KJV) Says, "Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord." Exodus 3:11-12 (KJV) Says, "And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And He said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou has brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain." Judges 6:15-16 (KJV) Says, "And he said unto him, Oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house. And the Lord said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man." I Kings 3:7 (KJV) Says, "And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in."

In the above scripture we find several examples where prominent figures confess to God that they feel unworthy of the tasks he has called them to accomplish. Jeremiah is called to go and prophesy to Israel regarding their sinful behavior, and he does not feel worthy as he feels he is not a good speaker. Moses in the scripture taken from Exodus expresses to the Lord that he doesn't feel worthy or capable of bringing the children of Israel out of Egyptian bondage. In the scripture taken from Judges, Gideon tells the Lord that he doesn't feel worthy or capable of saving Israel from the Midianites. In First Kings, Solomon tells God he doesn't feel capable or worthy of being King because he lacks the wisdom it requires to do so, and his lack of wisdom is what prompts him to refer to himself as a child. At the time he made this statement, he wasn't literally a child, but was already a father himself.

These are just a few examples of individuals who felt unworthy to carry out all that God had called them to do. There are many more examples just like these found throughout the Bible. It is extremely important to note that in each of the above cases God assured the individuals that they could carry out the tasks He had for them because He would be with them. All of these men were afraid, and expressed to God their feelings of unworthiness. What they were doing was looking only at what they felt they themselves were capable of, and not at what God was capable of accomplishing through them. As we know each one of these men obeyed God, and He accomplished all He set out to accomplish working through them.

God has a plan for, and a call on each of our lives, just as He had a plan for Jeremiah, Moses, Gideon, and Solomon. He will also be with us as we answer His call, just as He was with these great men. God has given each of us gifts to be utilized in carrying out His plan. You can identify your gift easily, as it will be a skill that comes naturally to you. We are all skilled at something because we all received gifts from God.  His desire is that we answer His call, use the gifts He has given us, and that we do so unafraid knowing that He will be with us all the way. It is our fear and feelings of unworthiness that prevent us from stepping out in faith and fulfilling all that God has called us to do. 

 Do you pray, read God's word, and listen for direction?  Surrender your life to God, pray, read and study His Word, listen for Him to respond, however long that takes, and He will lead, guide, and direct your path. Do you feel the Holy Spirit within you encouraging you to do something, and you're allowing fear to hold you back? Remember that God tells us numerous times in His Word not to be afraid, and that He is with us. Have you resisted following the plan God has on your life because you feel people will ridicule and reject you? I have to be honest, the question is not, will people ridicule and reject you it is how many times will you be ridiculed and rejected? Remember, Luke 10:16 (KJV) Says, "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth Him that sent me." When we are rejected by others they are rejecting Christ within us, and in turn He will reject them. Don't take the rejection and ridicule of others to heart, and allow it to prevent you from doing all that God has called you to do. Anything that gets in the way of you following the plan God has for your life is the work of Satan. He will attempt in any way possible to make you give up, and walk away from all that God has planned for you in the form of tasks, blessings, and rewards, and that includes using people. Be aware of that fact, and don't allow him to win. Believe me, he would like nothing better than for us to give up, and allow God's gifts to be wasted. He would love to see us stop short of allowing God to accomplish all He desires to accomplish through us. Have faith, trust in God, and press forward.

Each of us as individuals were designed by Almighty God, and He created us in his own image. We are his children, and we are all special to Him. There is only one you, and He has a specific plan for you. When we fail to surrender to God, and follow His plan for us we have wasted a precious gift, and a precious opportunity. I wonder how many people who have gone home to be with the Lord, did so without ever utilizing the gifts God gave them or following his plan for their life. I wonder how many missed out on experiencing the joy, divine peace, contentment, blessings, and rewards that come along with following His plan for them. Sure you can accept God's precious gift of salvation, and go to heaven without utilizing your God given gifts, or following the plan He has for you, but you miss out on so much. Know that you are worthy of accomplishing all you're called to do because God will work through you, and be with you every step of the way. Know that you are worthy because you are His child, and He tells you that you are worthy.

Remember you're special, you're one of a kind, and that you were created in the image of God. Don't waste another second. Surrender your life to God, follow the plan He has for your life, put your faith and trust in Him. Utilize your God given gifts. Whatever your calling, mother, homemaker, father, listener, encourager, nurse, boss, custodian, minister, mechanic, police officer, fireman, construction worker, salesman, or other, give it your best. Do all things to the glory of God. No excuses, you are never to old, and  it is never to late as long as you are living. The most magnificent words any of us could hear God  say, when we go home to be with Him, and the ones I hope to hear him say to me are "Well done my good and faithful servant."

If you have a prayer request and would like me to pray for you, leave me a message and I will be more than happy to do so. May God bless you.







2 comments: