Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love

Valentine's day is fast approaching, and for some it brings a certain sadness along with it. Unfortunately, that's the case for many who find themselves single, when this day designated to celebrate love rolls around. In John 15:9-11 Jesus says "As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:  continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

If you are single, and dreading Valentine's day, then I want you to consider the tremendous amount of love God has for you. The magnitude and power of his love is greater than any other. In the above scripture Jesus tells us not only how very much he loves us, but that he wants us to have joy filled lives. After considering the love God has for you, think of all the family members, and friends that love you. Love comes from more than one place in your life, and it is all around you.

Maybe you haven't met anyone yet, were in a relationship and the other person ended it leaving you with a broken heart, or you had a marriage that didn't work out, maybe you are widowed . Whatever your situation, God wants you to be happy, and he knows the desires of your heart. He knows what is best for you, and he will provide it. If you want to meet someone, fall in love, and live out your days with them,  God knows it. Wait patiently on him, and when you least expect it, he will send a special someone into your life. You may opt to remain single. If that's the case, and you feel it will make you happy, there is nothing wrong with that. If you are in a personal relationship, and are happy, fantastic. It is wonderful to have that in your life, but don't let it dictate whether or not you are going to be happy.

 Remember that love comes from many different relationships. Don't allow this up and coming celebration of love to get you down.  Celebrate the love of God, your family, and your friends. Spend the day doing something special for someone you love.  Spend the day pampering yourself. However you choose to spend it, remember God loves you always, and have a joy filled Valentine's day!

If you have a prayer request and would like me to pray for you, leave me a message, and I will be happy to do so. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment