Monday, January 9, 2012

Forgive Yourself

Psalm 103:12 tells us that as far as the east is from the west, so far hath God removed our transgressions from us. The moment you ask God to forgive you of your sins you are forgiven. Isaiah 43:25 tells us that our sins are blotted out and they will not be remembered. This is wonderful news for each of us because Romans 3:23 tells us, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

I have come across many people who struggle with accepting God's forgiveness. They find it difficult to believe that God has truly forgiven them, and so they hold onto a mass of  self-inflicted guilt and condemnation. This makes for a miserable existence. Do you think God wants your life to be miserable? Of course He doesn't you are His child, and He loves you.

I have had people say, I prayed and ask God to forgive me for all the things I've done wrong, but you don't know my past and the sins I've committed. I don't see how He can forgive me. It is not necessary for me to know the details of your past history in order to tell you whether or not God has forgiven you. If you ask him for forgiveness you are forgiven immediately. That is a scripture based fact. Stop insulting God, and accept the forgiveness He has so graciously given you.

You see the problem has never been  that God has not forgiven you, but that you have not forgiven yourself. Stop dwelling on your past mistakes because God's not. Pray for forgiveness, accept the fact that you are forgiven, and move forward.

In closing I want to remind you of the tremendous love that God has for you, and that he is there for you  always. He is forgiving, loving, merciful, kind, gracious, and so many more great things.
If you haven't  received God's precious gift of salvation and you are at a place where you are ready to do that, then I urge you not to wait any longer. We are not promised tomorrow, and time is running out. Go to God in prayer right where you're at, ask  Him to forgive you of all your sins, tell Him you believe that Jesus was born, that He died on the cross for your sins, and that He rose again. Invite God into your heart and put Him first in your life. It is the greatest decision you'll ever make.

If you have a prayer request feel free to leave me a message, and I will be more than happy to pray for you. In Christ, May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment