Saturday, January 14, 2012

In God's Time

Often times people pray for something, and expect their prayer to be answered immediately. If they don't get the answer they want and get it quickly, they become upset with God. I have had people tell me that God doesn't answer their prayers, and that they don't believe He even hears them.

In Hebrews 12:1 Paul tells us that we are to run with patience the race that is set before us. Isaiah 40:31 tells us that those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

The key words in the above verses are patience, and wait. God hears all of our prayers, but we must wait patiently on Him to answer them in his time, and in the manner that He chooses understanding that He knows what is best for us. There are many possible reasons for our prayers not being answered in the time, and manner we feel they should be.
                                                                                                                                                                           It could be that God knows what you are asking for is not in your best interest. I can remember when I was younger asking my parents for permission to do something, and on occasion them telling me no. I thought they were being unreasonable, and that they just didn't understand. The truth is they understood fully, and loving me told me no because they knew what was best for me. We are God's children, and he loves us very much.  Like our parents, when we ask Him for something that he doesn't think is in our best interest he will deny our request.

Maybe out of necessity you are praying that you can purchase a particular house, for example, and the deal falls through. It could be that there was an underlying problem with that particular house, or that there was some other unforeseen problem with you living there, and God did not answer your prayer because He was protecting you.

We may not know the reason a particular prayer is not answered the way we feel it should be, but we do know that God has a plan for our lives, and that He knows what is best for us. Continue in prayer, about all things, and wait on God to answer you in His time, and in His manner. Waiting is a great patience builder, and patience is a virtue. Stay strong in your faith, and remember God always hears you.

If you have a prayer request feel free to leave me a message, and I will be more than happy to pray for you. May God bless you.








4 comments:

  1. Love this Darlene, I'm always wanting my prayers answered in my time , "Knowing " I'ts all in Gods timeing.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, and I think we have all gotten impatient at times.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. I have pray to find a job and wanting results quick. But I know there is something out there for me. It's just going to take some time. Can you say a prayer for me? Thanks Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be glad to pray for you Jan, and I am sure God has a plan for your good.

    ReplyDelete